Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
NorthLincs.com - Community Website
21. Sep 2017 at 06:09
News: Welcome to our forum.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
doncaster airport to barton on humber (Read 13001 times)
marylinda
YaBB Newbies

NorthLincs.com

doncaster airport to barton on humber
23. Oct 2008 at 22:04

Can anyone give me some info on getting from one to the other please. Would a taxi be expensive. Are there buses or trains and timetables. Have no research done as it is to a funeral we are going. thanks in advance.

IP Logged
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

NorthLincs.com!

Re: doncaster airport to barton on humber
Reply #1 - 24. Oct 2008 at 07:36

Hope the link below helps.  

http://www.robinhoodairport.com/assets/_files/documents/aug_08/nex__1218815794_R obin_Hood_Airport_Guide_July_.pdf
There is a 707 Airport shuttle service linking  Robin Hood Airport to Doncaster.
From Doncaster you can get the train to Hull and then a Bus from Hull to Barton.
Alternatively you could go by train from Doncaster to Scunthorpe and get the bus from Scunthorpe to Barton. (The problem is Scunthorpe Bus and Train Station are not very close together.
I used a Taxi from Scunthorpe to Barton last week and it cost 25pounds. to give you some idea.

I think the easiest way would be a  Taxi direct between the Airport and Barton.
Distance: 43.9 miles, just over an hour ....not sure on the cost though.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
marylinda
YaBB Newbies

NorthLincs.com

Re: doncaster airport to barton on humber
Reply #2 - 24. Oct 2008 at 07:48

Thanks a million for that. Yes I think a taxi sounds the best when we don't know where we are going. The rest of our party are going the day before and there will be someone to collect them!! Not to worry, that is the way things work out. Thanks again for your help.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print