Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
NorthLincs.com - Community Website
16. Dec 2017 at 20:35
News: YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Barton Bike Night 10 - A Great Night (Read 15962 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

NorthLincs.com!

Barton Bike Night 10 - A Great Night
13. Jul 2006 at 09:03

BBN10 (A Great Night) - hailed as "The  Best Yet!"
Thousands of Bikers and spectators visited the 10th Barton Bike Night
to make it "The Best Yet" and the biggest event of this type in the UK.
The weather had it's part to play as it was clear blue skys throughout the day.
Eager Bikers where streaming into the town well before the official start time.
Malc Bennett admitted that the BBN10 was the best ever, judging by the comments made throughout the night as he estimated 15,000 had turned up. Reports of bikers travelling from as far and wide as Newcastle, Peterborough & Liverpool.  

Did you go ? What did you think ?  

Some Pics added to Flickr Photo  Album - Bike Night Group from BBN10....
http://www.flickr.com/groups/bikenight/

« Last Edit: 14. Jul 2006 at 08:01 by YaBB Administrator »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
lindah
YaBB Newbies

NorthLincs.com

Re: Barton Bike Night 10 - A Great Night
Reply #1 - 13. Jul 2006 at 09:21

Angry  

As a resident of central Barton, Bike Nite is something to be endured, which in the past we have been happy to do because it is so well organised but last night was terrible - because of the totally unacceptable level of noise coming from the George pub.  They had a great bank of speakers in the car park that were blasting out until 11pm.  We live in the next street and were not in direct line of the speakers but with all the doors and windows shut the noise was louder than we would have tolerated sat inside a pub!

Normally the bikes have gone by about 9pm and the evening is very well stewarded but the George is in danger of ruining Bike Nite's peaceful reputation

IP Logged
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

NorthLincs.com!

Reply #2 - 13. Jul 2006 at 10:23

Sorry to hear this as the Night normally does not get any bad press. However this is really an issue for the George to address rather then the Bike Night organisors. As you say the Bikes had gone by then and it seams that the George have just used the bike night as a reason for Live music late into the night. I guess they would not be allowed to have Live Bands playing outdoors at 11pm on a normal night otherwise the police would have stepped in.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Hunter
YaBB Newbies

NorthLincs.com

Reply #3 - 13. Jul 2006 at 22:32

I visited the bike night, and I agree, the noise level at the pubs was very loud.
I did not attend the pubs, and I am not old either.
I also agree that it is the pub owners responsibility and not the event organgrinders.

We left at 8pm, mainly because I have very loud bike and I understand kids need rest for school the next day.

It is fun to go biking with lots of other people, just a shame the oldie band players hearing is soo bad they have to have the volume set on stupid high.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print