Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
NorthLincs.com - Community Website
21. Sep 2017 at 06:10
News: Welcome to our forum.
Home Help Search Login


Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Old Boathouse (Read 10717 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator
*****


NorthLincs.com!

Posts: 992
Gender: male
Old Boathouse
24. Jun 2006 at 08:30
 
Overlooking the River Humber on the west side of Barton Haven stands the Old Boathouse which was once the furthest inland coastguard station in the country. More recently it has been used as the Clay Pits Visitors Centre for North Lincs Council.
Back to top
 
 

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator
*****


NorthLincs.com!

Posts: 992
Gender: male
Re: Old Boathouse
Reply #1 - 16. May 2007 at 07:57
 
The boathouse was finished in 1880 and was opened by the Duke of Edinburgh.
More info:- http://www.bartonuponhumber.btinternet.co.uk/Stories/coastguard.htm
Back to top
 
 

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print