NorthLincs.com
http://www.northlincs.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
A - Z of Towns & Villages >> Barton-upon-Humber >> Old Boathouse
http://www.northlincs.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1151134235

Message started by YaBB Administrator on 24. Jun 2006 at 08:30

Title: Old Boathouse
Post by YaBB Administrator on 24. Jun 2006 at 08:30

Overlooking the River Humber on the west side of Barton Haven stands the Old Boathouse which was once the furthest inland coastguard station in the country. More recently it has been used as the Clay Pits Visitors Centre for North Lincs Council.

Title: Re: Old Boathouse
Post by YaBB Administrator on 16. May 2007 at 07:57

The boathouse was finished in 1880 and was opened by the Duke of Edinburgh.
More info:- http://www.bartonuponhumber.btinternet.co.uk/Stories/coastguard.htm

NorthLincs.com » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.