NorthLincs.com
http://www.northlincs.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
A - Z of Towns & Villages >> Alkborough >> Parish Church of Saint John the Baptist
http://www.northlincs.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1140475070

Message started by YaBB Administrator on 20. Feb 2006 at 22:37

Title: Parish Church of Saint John the Baptist
Post by YaBB Administrator on 20. Feb 2006 at 22:37

Parish Church of Saint John the Baptist
Alkborough
Scunthorpe
North Lincolnshire
DN15 9JF

MAP : http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=DN159JF

The Church of St John the Baptist which dates back to the 1052 and has a replica of Julian's Bower on the floor of the south porch and in the chancel window. John Oldrid Scott restored the church in the late 1880's & was partly rebuilt by Thomas a Becket's murderers. It is home to a functioning Harrison clock.

MORE: http://www.northlincs.com/alkborough/worship.htm

NorthLincs.com » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.